Who we are
CWCI Australia is a Bible-based, interdenominational, faith ministry, by women to women.
Today CWCI holds local events in city and country areas to offer encouragement, inspiration and Bible teaching. Know Your Bible studies are used by women meeting in small groups across Australia or studying by correspondence. CWCI also sends teams on Safaris to travel into rural, remote and isolated areas of Australia sharing the love of Jesus Christ and his teachings.
Thousands of women across Australia and around the world use our high quality studies to be challenged and grow in the faith and knowledge of God and his word. We use the KYB method, which helps you engage more deeply with what the Bible is saying, all in a group setting.
Our Safari ministry began as a desire to reach out to women in regional and remote communities and encourage them. each year we send many teams around different towns and communities to help build up believers, who are often living in very isolated locations.
We hold many different events all around the country — conferences, theme evenings, teaching sessions and other events. These events are times of fun, fellowship and encouragement from other Christian women.
We support gospel work in Melanesia, especially among women who are illiterate or have poor literacy levels. A recent initiative was to translate our KYB studies into Pidgin and record them on to MegaVoice units (highly durable MP3 players). This has resulted in many women being about to participate in studying God’s word even though they cannot read. Their stories are so encouraging to hear!
- To deepen and enrich the spiritual lives of women and to build them up in the Christian faith through Bible-based teaching.
- To bring women to a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
- To equip women for life in their homes, work and communities.
- To enable women to be effective in their churches and in their service for the Lord.
Statement of beliefs
- That the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the uniquely inspired Word of God, and is the only and wholly trustworthy test of Christian faith and conduct. 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:10-12; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Psalm 19:7-11.2.
- In one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:2, 26, John 1:1-2, 5:17, 22-23, 14:25-26, 16:7, 27-28, Philippians 2:6, Hebrews 1:1-3, 8.
- In the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, and the authenticity of His miracles. We believe in His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, His present life as Lord of all, High Priest and Advocate, and His personal return in power and glory. Isaiah 9:6-7; John 1:14; Romans 8:3; Galatians 4:4; Matthew 1:20-25; Luke 1:35; Hebrews 4:15; Romans 4:25; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 9: 24-28; 10:12-14; Ephesians 5:2; Matthew 28:5-7; 1 Corinthians 15:20; Mark 16:19-20; Luke 24:50-51; Daniel 2:44-45; 7:13-14.
- That each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost and therefore subject to God’s condemnation. God created man in his own image, male and female he created them. But this image was marred and lost by human acts of rebellion and sin. Genesis 1:26-27; 2:24; Matthew 19:3-6; Romans 1:21-27; 3:19, 23; 5:6,12,19; 8:5-8; Psalm 53:2-3; Luke 19:10.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ provides the only ground for forgiveness of sins and justification to all who receive Him by faith; and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can they receive the gift of eternal life and become children of God. Luke 24:47; Acts 20:21; 26:20; Romans 3:21,26; 4:4-5; 5:1; Galatians 2:16; John 1:12-13; James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23; Ephesians 2:10; 4:24; Titus 3:3-8; John 3:16
- That the Holy Spirit indwells all believers, enabling them to understand and apply the Scriptures, and empowering them for godly living, service and witness. John 3:5-8; 16:8-11; Titus 3:4-7; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; 1 Peter 1:2
- That the dead will be raised bodily either to eternal life or eternal condemnation. Ecclesiastes 12:7; Luke 16:19-31; 23:43; 2 Corinthians 5:6-8; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Philippians 3:20-21; Romans 14:9-10; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Daniel 12:2; Acts 17:31; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 25:46