About CWCI Australia
Open and transparent management of personal information
CWCI Australia seeks to comply with all Australian Privacy Principles that govern standards, rights and obligations around:
- the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- an organisation or agency’s governance and accountability
- integrity and correction of personal information
- the rights of individuals to access their personal information
The information included in this policy is available to anyone who asks for it, with such a request to be presented to the Privacy Officer.
- ‘Personal information’ is any information that identifies a person or by which a person’s identity can be reasonably determined.
- ‘Member’ means any person who has signed a CWCI form of membership, such form being ratified by the National Management Board.
- ‘Associated person’ means those persons who are directly related to the ministry, but who are not necessarily members. This includes members of the Board of Reference and Intercessors.
- ‘Privacy Officer’ shall be a member of the board and delegated by the board to conduct the Office.
- ‘Sensitive Information’ includes things such as race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, members of trade associations or unions, criminal records or health information.
- ‘Applicable Law’ the law that is applicable to this policy is contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and includes and embodies the Australia Privacy Principles.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
Wherever it is lawful or practicable, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves when entering transactions with CWCI Australia.
Collection of personal information
We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
You may also be able to transact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable.
We may collect personal information when you:
- Complete a contact form on our website
- Apply to become a member of CWCI Australia
- Register to attend a CWCI Australia event
- Deal with us over the telephone, by email or by post
- Have contact with us in person.
Generally, CWCI Australia will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide a CWCI Australia product or service, or to carry out our internal administrative operations.
Personal information collected may include your name, date of birth, email address, phone number(s), street address and banking or payment card information.
Personal information that you submit along with material for publication on the website or in our membership newsletters will be published on the internet and available internationally.
Collection of non-personal information
Our website may collect non-personal information from you such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our website.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. Generally we will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent but in situations where it is impractical to obtain your prior consent, we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of such future communications.
Associated persons whose data is collected are treated in the same manner as those in membership in all matters relating to the CWCI ministry.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
We will use your personal information only for the particular purpose that you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. We may otherwise use your personal information where that other use is:
- Required or permitted by law; or
- With your express or implied consent.
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular CWCI Australia products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your consent and we will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in the future.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information via the post we may do so with your implied consent or, if this is impracticable, we will ensure that you are provided with an opportunity to tick an “opt out” box to ensure you do not receive such future communications. By not ticking a clearly displayed “opt out” box, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar marketing communications in the future.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by e-mail, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information. Consent may be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have directly or indirectly provided us with your electronic address.
Privacy preferences and choices
Every personalised marketing contact sent or made by CWCI Australia will include a means by which customers may opt out of receiving further marketing information. You may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
Security and quality
CWCI Australia will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information and, where no longer needed or required by law to be retained, destroy or de-identify the personal information.
Procedures are in place to ensure all personal information collected is accurate, up to date and complete.
Access and correction
Any members or associated person may have access to their personal information except to the extent outlined in the National Privacy Principles. These exceptions are:
- access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or death of the individual
- access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals
- information could relate to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the organisation and the individual
- providing access would be unlawful or likely to prejudice in some way
- providing access would be likely to cause damage to the security of Australia
If a person establishes that information is not up-to-date, CWCI Australia will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
CWCI Australia will provide reasons for denial of access or a refusal to correct personal information.
CWCI Australia does not use any identifiers, such as Tax File Numbers or Medicare Numbers as part of its collection of personal information.
CWCI Australia will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless:
- the individual has consented; or
- the collection is required by law
This website contains links to other websites. CWCI Australia is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
If CWCI Australia transfers personal information to countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australia data protection and privacy laws. The region in which such recipients are likely to reside is Melanesia.
Addressed to: The Privacy Officer
Telephone: 61 2 9740 6355
Fax: 61 2 9750 5330
Write to: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 670 Punchbowl NSW 2196
If you remain unsatisfied you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au)