National Workshop on Affirmation
The CWCI Australia National Management Board (NMB) holds a National Conference every three years to equip and encourage Regional Board members. With the current COVID-19 restrictions the 2020 National Conference was re-imagined to smaller Zoom sessions held during May and June.
As a Grand Finale in August, more than 60 women, representing every CWCI Region across Australia, participated in a National Workshop on Affirmation via Zoom. During the workshop, NMB Development Director Robyn Sansbury and NMB President Heather Jackson presented on the value of affirmation — stating something true about another person in order to inform, encourage, motivate, or support them.
Zoom ‘break-out rooms’ were used to explore the topic using prepared questions as a guide. Each discussion group had the opportunity to share their thoughts with the whole group. An assignment was given — “to send a card/letter/email of affirmation to someone we know”. The workshop was book-ended with prayer and time allowed for general conversation before finishing.
- the importance of looking to see what God is doing in a person’s life and affirming spiritual fruit and spiritual giftedness
- the danger of joining in when others criticise, tease or be sarcastic
- considering the impact of affirmation and how that works for a whole organization
- the encouragement to pray and ask God to show us what to affirm in others
- being reminded that we are a team (the body of Christ) and that affirmation strengthens and matures us
If you want to know more about this topic check out our past blog post Good Communication: Words of Affirmation.
Secretary, National Management Board CWCI Australia
So good to hear we are making the most of technology and continuing to meet together for encouragement and sharing. This may go on for longer than we think so it’s good to see the leadership showing the way.
Thanks Linda! Yes, these developments are so encouraging and exciting — thanks to God for our National Management Board’s leadership in these times ❤️